Key Differences between Bobsweep vs Roomba
- Cleaning Performance. When you compare Bobsweep vs Roomba on cleaning reliability, the difference will mostly be based on the models and their purpose. Bobsweep is designed more on targeting pet hair, hence the name Bobsweep Pethair. Roomba products, on the other hand, are designed on efficiency. Also, the Roomba products don’t include any mop pads.
- Navigation. The difference between these two brands on navigation is the capability to clean multiple rooms. Roomba has mastered their navigation system, enabling their products to clean multiple rooms. Bobsweep, unfortunately, is much more reliable on a single room.
- Dustbin Capacity. This is where the Bobsweep takes a win. With pet hair in mind, they designed their dustbin to have a larger containment than the standard size. The difference between Bobsweep’s and Roomba’s dustbin containment is more than half the capacity.
- Pet Hair Management. Although Bobsweep already is somewhat of a clear choice for pet hair issues, Roomba does not fall too far in terms of effectiveness.
- Value. The value of each product will rely on how messy your floors will be on a regular basis. If they often are, Roomba products are the much better choice due to their better cleaning system. Otherwise, Bobsweep is capable enough of doing the cleaning for you and at a much cheaper price.
Side by Side Comparison Chart
|Robotic Vacuum Model||Bobsweep||Roomba 650||Roomba 690||Roomba 880|
|Dimensions (Inches)||13.8 x 13.8 x 3.9||13.3 x 13.3 x 3.6||13 x 13 x 3.7||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6|
|Weight||7.7 pounds||11.8 pounds||7.72 pounds||8.38 pounds|
|Accessories||1 Charging Station||1 Extra AeroVac Filter||1 Extra Filter||1 Extra AeroForce Filter|
|1 Remote Control||1 Battery Charger||1 Cleaning Tool||1 Remote Control|
|3 Cleaning Tools||1 Self-charging Home Base||1 Charging Station||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses|
|2 Extra Filters||1 Virtual Wall Unit||1 Virtual Wall Barrier||1 Integrated Home Base|
|Bumper Stickers and Blindfold|
|1 Mop Attachment and 2 Mop Cloths|
|Remote Control||Yes||No||App Control||Infrared|
|Cleaning System||TurboLift + 4x Suction||AeroForce 3-Stage||AeroForce 3-Stage||AeroForce 3-Stage|
|Containment||1000 ml||400 ml||300 ml||400 ml|
bObsweep Pethair Review
Also known as the bobsweeper or bob sweeper, this cordless vacuum cleaner is a holder of one of the biggest dustbins. As seen from a lot of customer reviews, it is the better choice for cleaning up pet hair in comparison to its competitors.
It is one of the best robotic vacuum cleaner and mop that works on carpets, tiles, and hardwood with high efficiency. With its 7500 RPM TurboLift Motor, it can suck up larger debris without the problem.
iRobot Roomba 650 Review
Roomba 650 is one of the top-rated robotic vacuum cleaners that offers highly-effective cleaning system. It has been 6 years since its release and reviews still rating it as one of the best. Thanks to its AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning system and wide room navigation.
Contrary to popular belief, this robot actually is good in cleaning up pet hair. It may not be the best, but it is capable and even has tangle-free extractors to help prevent clogging. Of course, the black finish design also helps that fits nicely in most room designs.
Roomba 690 Review
If you have been following the news on robotic cleaners, the iRobot Roomba 690 is actually an enhanced version of the 650. The most notable difference between 690 vs 650 is the connectivity. The 690 offers more with its app control through Wi-fi.
As with the 650, this device also packs the AeroForce 3-Stage cleaning system that is highly praised by reviews. Let us not also forget its tangle-free extractors that helps prevent clogging that most of its competitors often do. The device altered its design a little bit with a silvery streak instead of just pure black.
Roomba 880 Review
A feature that the Roomba 880 boasts most of all is its multi-room navigation system. Push the clean button and you’re good to go. It is capable of roaming up to 3 rooms, with the help of its Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons.
Similar to other Roomba robotic vacuum cleaners, it packs a 3-stage cleaning system and tangle-free extractors. Let us not also ignore the high-efficiency filter traps that comes with all their products.
It has a design similar to that of the 650’s, which is not surprising since it really blends well with most room designs.
If we solely base it on value for the price, we have to give the credit where credit is due. The Roomba 650 is the best valued vs the others on this list.
Simply because it is at its best price while competing with the top vacuum cleaners. The bObsweep PetHair Mop Rouge doesn’t fall too far down however, it is much cheaper and only has a few faults.
Of course, we can’t disregard features that these vacuums have to offer, but that is a matter that you can figure out yourself. Would you be willing to spend a little extra in exchange for an extra feature?
Would you be willing to manually control the device every now and then to save a little cash? No matter which brand you pick, they are both great. All you need to know is that Roomba has a slight advantage on performance, and bObsweep cleaner has its own with its cheap price.