Key Differences between Neato Botvac D80 vs Roomba 980
- Cleaning System. The Neato is equipped with a SpinFlow Power Clean technology that combines strong suction, powerful blade and side brushes. In comparison, the iRobot comes with a typical for Roomba’s AeroForce Cleaning System. It ensures powerful suction, agitation and efficient brushing.
- Battery life. Both models have a good battery life and will clean an average apartment in a single runtime. The Neato Botvac connected device can work up to 60 min, while the Roomba up to 90 min. Both devices have an auto recharge feature and will automatically return to the self-charging stand, recharge and continue cleaning routine.
- Noise. According to customer reviews, the Neato is quieter than Roomba 980. The reason for that is the availability of silent mode in D80 device.
- Accessories. Different sets of extras usually make the difference between devices and affect performance. The Neato comes with a boundary marker, brush cleaning tool, charging cable, and self-charging base. Compare to D80, Roomba’s set of extras is smaller. It includes only the Virtual Wall unit, self-charging stand and filter.
- Design. The Neato comes in a D-shape design and is slightly bigger than Roomba 980. It measures 13.2 inches in width, 12.7 inches in depth and 3.9 inches. It weighs 9.04 lbs., while the iRobot – 8.6 lbs. The Roomba has a typically low profile round shape. It measures 13.9 inches in width, 13.9 inches in depth and 3.6 inches in height.
Neato versus Roomba Side by Side Comparison Chart
|Robotic Vacuum Model||Neato Botvac D80||iRobot Roomba 980|
|Dimensions||13.2 x 12.7 x 3.9 inches||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||9.04 lbs.||8.6 lbs.|
|Battery Life||Up to 60 min||Up to 90 min|
|Accessories||boundary marker, brush cleaning tool, charging cable, self-charging base||Virtual Wall unit, battery, charging stand, filter|
|Floor Types||Hardwood floors, long pile carpets, area rugs||Hardwood floors, carpets, area rugs|
|Cleaning System||SpinFlow Power Clean technology||AeroForce Cleaning System|
Neato Botvac D80 Review
This model comes in a D-shape design with CornerClever technology. Together these two features allow the device to get closer to walls and corners ensuring even more efficient cleaning.
When it comes to navigation, the Neato uses a multi-room laser-guided system. It maps the room, plans the route and cleans. It also has an auto-charge and resume features that lets the robot clean room to room and return to self-charging stand in case it lacks power.
The smart scheduling is another great advantage of this product. Especially when in combination with previously mentioned features.
The device has a SpinFlow Power Clean technology with a strong suction and powerful brushes. Thanks to this advanced cleaning technology, the device has a great performance on different floor types, such as hardwood floors, long pile carpets, and area rugs. Also, it has three modes available: silent mode, boost and eco modes.
Roomba 980 Review
As all Roomba’s, the 980 model is equipped with the AeroForce Cleaning System. That’s why powerful suction, agitation and efficient brushing are guaranteed.
The device includes a multi-room navigation with a built-in camera. It ensures efficient cleaning of the whole apartment.
For your comfort, the 980 is equipped with an advanced remote-control feature. Thanks to it, you are free to control your robot with an iRobot Home app that includes smart scheduling and customization of cleaning preferences.
For example, the carpet boost feature allows to clean area rugs and different types of carpets properly.
The device also has a really handy block-off feature. If you are a pet owner you will definitely find it as an advantage. With this feature, you can program the vacuum to avoid some restricted areas, where the water bowl is located. As a pet owner, you will also like the fact that filters are HEPA certified.
The Roomba 980 is efficient of different floor types. Thanks to powerful suction and carpet boost feature there is no problem with picking up pet hair, small debris, dirt and dust.
Hope, you have precisely gone through our review and checked out the comparison chart on the very begging. If yes, then there is no doubt you know everything about Roomba 980 vs Neato D80 same as we do.
Definitely, it’s not a surprise for you that we can highly recommend both robotics vacs. Both devices have a very good performance on different types of floor coverings, the advanced navigation system, remote control with the app, scheduling and auto-charge feature. Both models ensure simple and efficient cleaning routine.
However, on comparison Neato versus Roomba, the Roomba wins on longer battery life, while the Neato is better in noise reduction. It’s good to mention that Roomba outperforms in pet`s hair removal from carpeted coverings thanks to carpet boost feature.
If you are looking for a powerful everyday cleaner with HEPA filtration suitable for pet hair removal, the Roomba is a better option for you. But keep in mind, that it is louder than Neato and quite more expensive.
If silent mode is a must-have for you and you don’t care about weak battery, then go for Neato. Besides this, if you have a lot of corners in your apartment, the Neato will take it easy thanks to CornerClever technology.