Key Differences between Roomba 805 vs 860 vs 880
- Performance in Cleaning. For every robotic vacuum cleaner, the cleaning capability and efficiency is what matters most. In this regard, we have to give the credit to the iRobot 880. It is the more updated version of the Roomba’s 800 series and does offer a more enhanced cleaning system. Not to mention, the series is also the first ones to make use of brushless paint rollers which are considered simple yet effective.
- Navigation. This is where the biggest difference between the iRobot Roomba 805 vs 860 vs 880 comes to play. All models are equipped with iAdapt Navigation, but the 880 is given the advantage with its multi-room navigation system. It makes use of capable sensors that adapts from room to room.
- Battery Life. The 860 version comes with a lithium-ion battery. Customers report this type of batteries to be the most durable. The runtime is up to 75 min. It is enough to clean an average apartment. In comparison, the 880 version is equipped with an XLife Battery. It also has an advanced power system. The device is able to deliver up to 60 min of a strong suction. It is also enough for an average-sized apartment with two-three rooms. The 805 version is powered by a Lithium-Ion battery which is a well-known type of battery that lasts a considerable amount of time.
- Recharging. The Roomba 860 and 880 automatically dock to recharge which is very convenient. The same can’t be said about the iRobot 805 which simply cleans until the battery drains out.
- Noise levels. If you want a quieter vacuuming experience then the 880 model is the ideal pick. It has relatively lower noise levels compared to the iRoomba 805 and 860.
Side by Side Comparison Chart
|iRobot Roomba Model||Roomba 805||Roomba 860||Roomba 880|
|Dimensions||18.2” x 16.5” x 5.5”||13.9” x 13.9” x 3.6”||13.9” x 13.9” x 3.6”|
|Battery Life||3x battery life.||3x battery life.||4x battery life.|
|Accessories||Batteries.||Filter, dock station, manual.||Filter, dock station, 2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses.|
|Scheduling||7x per week||7x per week||7x per week|
|Cleaning System||AeroForce cleaning system|
Dirt detect technology.
|AeroForce cleaning system|
Dirt detect technology II.
|AeroForce cleaning system
Dirt detect technology II.
|Noise||Relatively quieter.||Very loud.||Average.|
iRobot Roomba 805 Review
As with other current Roomba products, the 805 is equipped with AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter and the brand’s most popular 3-Stage Cleaning System.
With just these two, it is able to perform better than most of its competition out on the market. With the help of its Tang-Free extractors, small debris and pet hair are easily vacuumed without having to worry clogging up the filter.
This product also boasts its enhanced navigation specs compare to that of the older Roomba products. It’s iAdapt navigation together with virtual wall barriers system makes it a formidable vacuum cleaner product.
iRobot Roomba 860 Review
As all devices within 800 series, the iRobot Roomba 860 comes with the AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. It delivers strong suction and ensures efficient removal of dirt, pet hair, and small debris from different types of surfaces.
The tangle-free debris extractors make a pet hair removal even more effective. The HEPA filtration system helps to get rid of 99,9% of allergens.
The robot is equipped with a virtual wall technology. Thanks to sensors, the device quickly adapts to the room to room environment.
The full bin indicator is designed to inform you when the vac should be cleaned. Plus, with this device, you can schedule when it should start to clean.
The vac comes with the lithium-ion battery. The battery life is up to 75 minutes. Plus, the lithium-ion battery ensures durable usage of your device.
The 860’s model comes with a carrying handle. The great feature when you care about portability and comfort.
Roomba 880 Review
The model is equipped with the AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. Such advanced technology with HEPA filtration make this device a perfect choice for pet owners and parents.
Strong suction ensures effective pick up of small debris, dirt and hair. While HEPA certified filters play a vital role in allergens reduction. Between, the spot mode is one of the handiest features based on customer reviews since the vac’s date release.
In terms of navigation, the 880’s model is one of the best devices from the 800 series. The smart multi-room navigation, two extra Roomba lighthouse units along with virtual wall technology deliver superior navigation around the house.
Plus, the system allows the device to adapt to different floor types, such as hardwood floors, carpets, areas rugs, and tiles. As the previous iRobot model, the 880 has a full bin indicator and carrying handle. It literally enhances your comfort.
Besides all the above-mentioned features, the device has an auto recharge feature. When the battery is low, the device will automatically return to the docking station. But make sure you know that it doesn’t have an auto-resume feature after the recharge.
So, it won’t continue to vacuum your apartment after the charging. For extra comfort, the robotic device comes with a remote control. Now, you can run your vac from another room.
Since the release date, these robotic vacs have received dozens of positive customer reviews. And that’s not a surprise for us. And shouldn’t be for you after our review.
In terms of specs, both Roombas, 860 and 880, use AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System, virtual wall technology, HEPA filtration system, and full bin indicator. As you see not all this features are present in Roomba 805. Both models are affordable and you can get them for the best price.
Still, don’t know which one to buy? If you have a two to three room apartment then the Roomba 880 with a strong navigation system is a better option for you. But in case you don’t care about remote control and multi-room navigation, then 860 or 805 model will meet all your needs.