Key Differences between ArloQ vs Nest Cam Indoor
- Cloud Storage. The Arlo camera allows you to store videos in the cloud storage for free which isn’t the case with the Nest Cam. You can’t view recorded footage with the Nest Cam if you don’t pay the monthly Nest Aware subscriptions.
- Installation. Both these cameras can be mounted using the built-in magnets or wall mounts. The difference between the two is the Nest cam has two more options; an indoor stand & standard tripod mount. Because of this, it’s easier to position the Nest Cam at any angle even though they both have the same field of view of 130 degrees.
- Picture Quality. The picture quality and zooming capabilities of both cameras are more or less the same. However, the picture becomes blurry when you zoom with the Arlo Q compared to the Nest Cam.
- Design. Nest Cam has more of a traditional & sleek design and comes in black. As a result, it’s more likely to blend with your home furniture in comparison to the Arlo Q which comes in a stylish white color.
- Motion alerts. You’ll receive notifications from both cameras when there’s movement. However, with the Nest Cam, the motion & smart alerts are limited to only once every thirty minutes.
- Mobile application. They both have functional mobile applications though the Arlo Q has glitches in some cases.
Side by Side Comparisons Chart
|Security Camera Model||Arlo Q||Nest Cam|
|Dimensions||4.93’ x 5.99’ x 4.45”||2.9” x 4.5” x 2.9”|
|2-Way Audio||Push to talk||Talk and listen|
|Mobile App||Arlo app||Nest Aware app|
|Field of View||130-degrees||130-degrees|
|Motion Detection||Powerful||Frequent false alarms.|
|Cloud Storage||Free seven day storage.||Storage activated when subscriptions are paid.|
|Problems||No local storage.||Relies on Nest Aware.|
Arlo Q Review
No room goes unmonitored with the Arlo Q that can access every angle in your house. It has an HD recording of 1080p that produces sharp & clear pictures.
But unfortunately, images become less clear as the distance increases. You can live stream from just about anywhere using the following devices:
The enhanced night vision feature allows you to see clearly even in total darkness. The camera detects motion & sound and notifies you immediately via email alerts.
This is thanks to the built-in Motion Detection range. The only complaint is if it’s on the “armed” setting, any movements are captured as pixels.
It has a two-way audio system which comprises a mic & speaker. Because of this feature, you can not only listen in but also talk back. However, you can experience slight delays during this communication process.
It stores all recordings—audio and video—for up to seven days to listen & view when necessary. The camera works with a number of online platforms, for instance, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. As a result, you can view your video with just a simple voice command.
However according to some customer reviews, unfortunately, it disconnects regularly—regardless of how strong your network is.
You have the option to set it to record continuously or according to a planned schedule. It’s pretty easy to mount: Either make use of the magnetic attachment or wall mount.
Nest Cam Review
As with the Arlo Q, this security camera also has 1080p HD resolution so you can expect similar picture quality.
The Nest Aware functionality allows you to get alerts if someone is in your home. Not only can you see but you can also listen in and speak to get a person’s attention.
The only problem with this feature is it sometimes mutes sound during a conversation which is inconvenient. With this same feature, you can add 24/7 continuous recording for 10 or 30 days depending on preference.
It has Sightline which enables you to scan quickly through a recording to find key moments. The same feature allows you to review photos of activity that happened during the last three hours—for free.
You can get alerts through the Nest App whenever movement or sound is detected. It also has a built-in speaker and Mic to hear what’s happening inside your home.
Its compact size allows you to set it up anywhere in your home. The camera comes with an indoor stand that can be placed on all types of surfaces. It also has a built-in magnet so you can stick it to something metallic.
This home security cam camera can use smart light bulb if there’s an emergency. Apart from the security it can also help with your laundry!
Your smart washer or dryer can access data from Nest and run the next load when the energy demand is low. Impressive, right?
However, note the software that minimizes false alerts is only activated if you subscribe to the Nest Aware monthly. Failure to do so means insignificant movements such as shadows and small bugs will trigger false alarms. It doesn’t help that the subscriptions are rather pricey.
Arlo Q vs Nest Cam: Which one impresses you more? Both are more or less the same in terms of price and functionality but we’ll have to go with the Arlo Q.
Most of the features on the Nest Cam are only activated when you pay the monthly subscriptions. As a result, the subscriptions alone cost more than the actual price of the camera which is very inconvenient.
Overall they are both state of the art indoor cameras whose performance is second to none. So why not pick an indoor camera and keep a close eye on your home so you can enjoy life more from now on?